All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionOnly when the two come together, inner and outer authority, do we have true spiritual wisdom. We have for too long insisted on outer authority alone, without any teaching of prayer, inner journey and maturing consciousness. The results for the world and for religion have been disastrous.I offer these reflections to again unite what should never have been separated: sacred Scripture and Christian spirituality. From the Introduction In this exploration of central themes of Scripture, Richard Rohr transforms the written word, discovering in these ancient texts a new and vital meaning, relevant and essential for modern Christians. He uncovers what the Bible says about morality, power, wisdom and the generosity of God in a manner that demands a life-changing response from believers. Rohr offers his readers a Christian vision of abundance, grace and joy to counteract a world filled with scarcity, judgment and feara vision that can revolutionize how we relate to ourselves, others and the world.
- Author BiographyFr. Richard Rohr is a globally recognized ecumenical teacher bearing witness to the universal awakening within Christian mysticism and thePerennial Tradition.He is a Franciscan priest of the New Mexico Province and founder of theCenter for Action and Contemplation (CAC)in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Fr. Richard's teaching is grounded in the Franciscan alternative orthodoxy practices of contemplation and lived kenosis (self-emptying), expressing itself inradical compassion, particularly for the socially marginalized.Fr. Richard is the author of numerous books, including Everything Belongs, Adam s Return, The Naked Now, Breathing Under Water, Falling Upward, Immortal Diamond, and Eager to Love: The Alternative Way of Francis of Assisi. Fr. Richard is academic Dean of theLiving School for Action and Contemplation. Drawing upon Christianity's placewithin the Perennial Tradition, the mission of the Living School is to produce compassionate and powerfully learned individuals who will work for positive change in the world based on awareness of our common union with God and all beings.Visitcac.orgfor more information.
- Author(s)Richard Rohr
- PublisherServant Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbour
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServant Books
- Weight349 g
- Width145 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.