Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.36
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $38.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe buzzword of the twenty-first century is India--and it's t just a story of software, outsourcing, and faraway call centers. With the ecomy soaring at 8 percent a year, India is a medical and pharmaceutical front-runner, an R&D powerhouse, a rising manufacturing hub, and an up-and-coming cultural trendsetter in areas from fashion to film. And the world is taking te: Western companies from Lockheed Martin to McDonald's are moving in, Ford is setting up factories, Coca Cola is heading to the countryside in rickshaws, and research centers for Fortune 500 companies are popping up everywhere. Meanwhile, the U.S. military is forging close ties, as India has become a key strategic partner.Steel-tycoon-turned-educator Vinay Rai, who w runs one of India's two private universities--with fifteen campuses--couples with sociology professor William Simon to map out the rising new India. This colorful, lively, forward-looking account of India's stunning world debut is essential reading for anyone who wants to understand India's new muscle on the global stage.-- One out of every six people in the world lives in India.-- India's top trading partner is the United States.-- India is the fastest-growing free market ecomy.-- India is the world's top destination for retailers.-- India has the world's youngest workforce (over 500 million under twenty-five).
- Author BiographyVinay Rai is the founder and president of Rai University and president of the Rai Foundation, which is dedicated to improving the quality of education at all levels in India. He was educated at Delhi University in India and MIT in the United States. William L. Simon is the author of Beyond the Numbers: How Leading Companies Measure and Drive Success and coauthor of The Art of Deception and the bestseller iCon: Steve Jobs. Kent Cassella is an actor who divides his time between Vermont and New York. Television and film credits include all of the Law and Order franchise shows, FX's Rescue Me, Showtime's Brotherhood, and the Ben Affleck film The Town.
- Author(s)Vinay Rai,William L. Simon
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication16/08/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Kent Cassella
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time420
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.