Think No Evil: Inside the Story of the Amish Schoolhouse Shooting...and Beyond by Jonas Beiler (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn insider s look into the events surrounding the nickel mines amish schoolhouse shootings told by the counselor who was called upon to come to the farmhouse where the families met on that fateful day.OnOctober 2, 2006, Charles Roberts, a local milk-tank truck driver, bound and shot ten young girls in an Amish schoolhouse before committing suicide. Five girls died. Five others were severely injured and left in critical condition. In the aftermath of the massacre, the Amish community shunned the media. But they requested that Amishraised counselor Jonas Beiler come to the scene to offer his moral and spiritual support. In Think No Evil, Beiler offers his first-person account of the events, as well as of those who were closest to the scene: the surviving children, the volunteer fireman Rob Beiler, the local counseling center director Brad Aldricha, and Vietta Zook, aboard the first ambulance to arrive. Beiler poignantly describes the Amish families responses to this horrific violence as they reached out to the shocked family members of the killer, offering unconditional forgiveness. The story didn t end on that horrible day with the deaths of those five little girls. Think No Evil follows the ongoing story of this gentle community having faith in God s design, of truly demonstrating Christian values, of responding with resilient love in the face of evil, of demolishing the scene of the murders and rebuilding the schoolhouse, and of determining to move forward in living out their faith in peace.
- Author BiographyJonas Beiler grew up in a strict and traditional Old Order Amish family during the 1950s. Now he is the cofounder and chairman of the Angela Foundation. He is also a licensed family counselor and founder of the Family Resource and Counseling Center in Gap, Pennsylvania. Shawn Smucker is a native of Lancaster County in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. His mother grew up Amish and his father was in the Beachy Amish Church. A graduate of Messiah College, this is his second book.
- Author(s)Jonas Beiler
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintHoward Books
- Out-of-print date14/12/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight374 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.