Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnix has a reputation for being cryptic and difficult to learn, but it doesn't need to be that way. Think Unix takes an analogous approach to that of a grammar book. Rather than teaching individual words or phrases like most books, Think Unix teaches the set of logical structures to be learned. Myriad examples help you learn individual commands, and practice problems at the end of difficult sections help you learn the practical side of Unix. Strong attention is paid to learning how to read man pages, the standard documentation on all Unix systems, including Linux. While most books simply tell you that man pages exist and spend some time teaching how to use the man command, ne spend any significant amount of space teaching how to use the content of the man pages. Even if you are lost at the Unix command prompt, you can learn subsystems that are specific to the Unix flavor.
- Author BiographyJon Lasser is a Unix systems administrator with six years of Linux and Unix experience and is responsible for several hundred Unix-based systems at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. He speaks at numerous conferences on the Bastille Linux Project, for which he is development coordinator. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Jon Lasser
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/07/2000
- SubjectComputing: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width190 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine90 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.