All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTom King kws cultural resource management. As one of its long-standing practitioners, a key person in developing the regulations, and a consultant, trainer, and author of several important books on the topic, King's ideas on CRM have had a large impact on contemporary practice. In this witty, sardonic book, he outlines ways of improving how cultural resources are treated in America. King tackles everything from disciplinary blinders, NAGPRA, and the National Register to flaws in the Section 106 process, avaricious consultants, and the importance of meaningful consultation with native peoples. This brief work is an important source of new ideas for anyone working in this field and a good starting point for discussion in courses and training programs.
- Author BiographyDr. Thomas F. King is recognized as a national expert on cultural and historic preservation laws and practice, about which he teaches dozens of courses annually and has authored three books. Former program director at the Advisory Council for Historic Preservation, he is the primary author of many existing historic preservation regulations and guidelines. He also served as an archaeologist and historic preservation specialist in the former U.S. Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, as archaeologist for the National Park Service, and as head of archaeological surveys at three universities and helped create the Micronesia Archaeological Survey. King serves as Project Archaeologist for the Amelia Earhart Project, sponsored by The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR), and is lead author of Amelia Earhart's Shoes, about the search for Earhart. He holds a Ph.D. in anthropology from University of California, Riverside.
- Author(s)Thomas F. King
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/08/2002
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleHeritage Resource Management Series
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.