All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are schemas and how can they be used effectively to enhance learning? How can adults best support schema learning to extend children's thinking?This book explores the frequently observed schemas of young children - patterns of behaviour from which understanding and growth is derived - and draws out the nature of this learning. It is essential that adults working with young children are able to recognise and identify schema learning, and understand the opportunities for learning, as well kwing how to support and develop the schema appropriately, in order to extend children's thinking. Good observations skills are a key element and the book features a Child Observation Schedule. Rich with case studies and examples, the authors provide an accessible insight into: The theory behind schemas and memory development Curriculum and pedagogy Supporting schema learning Schemas and early literacyThey show how schema learning is enhanced when children can choose what they play with and for how long in a varied play environment, and emphasize the important role of the adult in supporting schema-related learning. Thinking Children will help you feel more confident and kwledgeable about extending schema learning, whether you are a student on a course in early childhood or whether you are a more experienced practitioner in an early years setting.
- Author BiographyAnne Meade is an Adjunct Research Associate of Victoria University of Wellington, an Honorary Research Fellow of the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand, and Research Leader for the Centres of Innovation Programme with the New Zealand Ministry of Education. Pam Cubey was formerly Senior Lecturer and Professional Development Facilitator at Wellington College of Education, New Zealand, Research Associate for the Centres of Innovation Programme, Researcher with the New Zealand Council for Educational Research, and carried out a needs analysis of early childhood provisions for the Tongan government.
- Author(s)Anne Meade,Pam Cubey
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight265 g
- Width54 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.