All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThinking Italian Translation is an indispensable course for students who want to develop their Italian to English translation skills. This new edition includes: * up-to-date examples and new source texts from a variety of genres, from journalistic to technical. * a brand new section on professionalism and the translation market The course is practical, addressing key issues for translators such as cultural differences, genre, and revision and editing. At the same time, it clearly defines translation theories. Thinking Italian Translation is key reading for advanced students wishing to perfect their language skills or considering a career in translation.
- Author BiographyStella Cragie, a Qualified Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting, and former Principal Lecturer in Translation at the University of Westminster, is now a freelance translator. Ian Higgins, who, with the late Sandor Hervey, originated the Thinking Translation series, is Honorary Senior lecturer in Modern Languages at the University of St Andrews. Patrizia Gambarotta is Director of the Istituto Italiano di Cultura in Mumbai.
- Author(s)Hervey Sandor,Ian Higgins,Patrizia Gambarotta,Stella Cragie
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- LanguageEnglish & Italian
- Series TitleThinking Translation
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.