All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the acclaimed behavioral ecomist Shlomo Benartzi, a powerful new approach to thinking smarter when making important life decisions. Although we ve been blessed with a very powerful thinking machine our minds there s good evidence that we don t like to think. In fact, one study shows that many people prefer receiving electric shocks to thinking and reflecting. Other studies show that even when we do think, we tend to think in too narrow and shallow a fashion. With these shortcomings, how can we be smarter when thinking about life situations like retirement? For example, once we have built up a financial nest egg, how can we become better thinkers about what to do in retirement? To help us, behavioral ecomist Shlomo Benartziintroduces the tion of thinking architecture and thinking tools. In this book, he offers one such thinking tool a unique seven-step system called the Goal Planning System (GPS) and explains the science behind it. When applied to retirement planning, this system helps readers identify what they value most, what they want to achieve in retirement, and ultimately, who they really are. By going through GPS, readers will then have a solid foundation upon which to build a tailored action plan that can help them attain their goals. To illustrate the impact GPS can have, Thinking Smarter considers the cases of Phillip and Francesca, actual retirees, and the action plans they developed after using GPS. For example: Spend More Today While many people spend too much and outlive their assets, Phillip discovered that he errs on the side of spending too little, so he will plan to spend more on something he values a lot traveling with his wife. Claim More Tomorrow GPS taught Francesca that she places a high value on financial independence. An action plan that makes sense for her is to reap the financial benefit derived from deferring Social Security until she s seventy, rather than claiming it as soon as she becomes eligible at age sixty-two. Thinking Smarter will become your indispensable guide to making better life decisions and achieving the future you really want.
- Author BiographyShlomo Benartziis a professor at and co-chair of the Behavioral Decision-Making Group at UCLA s Anderson School of Management. He has advised many government agencies, financial institutions, and advisory boards, and currently serves as the chief behavioral economist for the Allianz Global Investors Center for Behavioral Finance.He co-created (with Richard Thaler) the acclaimed Save More Tomorrow program, which makes it easy for employees to increase their retirement saving rate and has helped millions of people boost their savings. Roger Lewin is the author of more than twenty books, includingComplexity: Life at the Edge of Chaos.He co-authored, with Shlomo Benartzi, Save More Tomorrow, the first major publication from the Allianz Global Investors Center for Behavioral Finance. The Allianz Global Investors Center for Behavioral Finance is committed to empowering people to make better financial decisions. For more information, visitbefi.allianzgi.com.
- Author(s)Shlomo Benartzi
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2015
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.