All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs part of their course, education students must engage with educational theory, ethics and values. This text supports students to critically reflect on the principles that underpin education - encouraging deeper learning. It begins by asking 'what are ethics and values?' and goes on to discuss social diversity, values and education and the curriculum. It explores ethics and values in school organisation and reflects on government intervention. It also considers ethics and values at the classroom level examining the environment, behaviour and other practical issues. With critical thinking exercises throughout, this text is an essential learning tool for education students.
- Author BiographyGianna Knowles is a lecturer in Educational Studies at the University of Chichester in the UK. She has also worked with teacher trainee students from across Europe at the University of Jonkoping in Sweden. Before working in Higher Education Gianna gained over 12 years experience of teaching in primary schools in England, in London and the Midlands. She has worked in Local Authority Advisory services, working with individual teachers and whole-schools staffs to develop school wide practice and policy. Gianna has experience of being an OfSTED Inspector and reviewer for the Quality Assurance Agency. Her research interest is in the area of social justice, inclusion and diversity. Vini Lander is the Head of Primary Programmes at the University of Chichester. She was also Deputy Director of Multiverse for 5 years. This was TDA funded professional resource network on achievement and diversity. As part of her role in Multiverse, Vini has delivered training sessions to student teachers and teacher educators on diversity, inclusion and achievement across England. Vini has also delivered lectures to teachers and teacher educators in Berlin Hamburg and Munich./par1/Vini worked in mainstream schools teaching science and A level Biology for a number of years. She also worked in a specialist role with pupils for whom English as an Additional Language. At the University of Chichester, Vini teaches on the primary undergraduate, postgraduate and Masters level programmes./par1//par1/Vini's research interests lie in the field of race, ethnicity and diversity, particularly with reference to initial teacher education. She has completed her doctoral research in this area. Linda Cooper is a lecturer in Education Studies at the University of Chichester. She has worked in education for sixteen years both as a primary school teacher and as a lecturer. Before commencing her post at Chichester, Linda also worked at Portsmouth University as a lecturer in Early Childhood Studies and at Bishop Grosseteste University College, Lincoln with the Initial Teacher Training team. She has a range of interests and has published in the field of technology, physical development and the humanities.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThinking Through Education Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight323 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byBarbara Thompson,Carol Hughes,Gianna Knowles,Glenn Davis Stone,Linda Cooper,Sally Hawkins,Vini Lander
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.