All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThird Language Acquisition and Universal Grammar contains nine chapters on adult third language (L3) or multilingual acquisition from the Universal Grammar (UG) perspective. A variety of languages other than English are involved in the studies reported in the papers, including Cantonese Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Mandarin Chinese, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Thai, with acquisition cases taking place in a number of different geographical locations, such as Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, Norway, Taiwan, Thailand, the UK and the USA. This volume will appeal to those studying L3 acquisition from a variety of theoretical perspectives and should encourage scholarly exchange between the fields of bi-/multilingualism and SLA.
- Author BiographyYan-kit Ingrid Leung received her PhD in linguistics from McGill University in Canada. She has taught at the linguistic departments at the University of Southern California, USA and the University of Essex, UK. She is interested in second and especially third language acquisition, as well as bilingualism/multilingualism. Her research has focused on East Asian and Southeast Asian learners. She is currently affiliated with the University of Hong Kong.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/01/2009
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 37
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight506 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byYan-kit Ingrid Leung
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.