All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn increasing world population with an ever greater need and greed strains the world's finite resources to exhaustion: Atmosphere, water, soil and genetic resources are being used and destroyed at an alarming pace. The Forum Belem I conference succeeded in bringing together a group of international administrators, businessmen, policy makers and scientists to identify emerging concepts that combine resource use with conservation and replace wasteful and destructive consumption with the use of renewable materials and n-destructive techlogies. Intelligent changes in techlogical processes together with a transformation of political, social and institutional thinking are proposed, indicating paths toward sustainable development. A vision is given of incipient approaches toward world sustainability allowing mankind to live and prosper throughout a third millennium.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Dietrich E. Leihner, born in 1943, started his professional career as a rice farmer in Colombia. After obtaining his Ph.D. in agricultural sciences at Giessen University, he worked as a researcher for international centres in Mexico (CIMMYT) and Colombia (CIAT). Since 1984, he holds a chair for tropical plant sciences at Hohenheim University. Thomas A. Mitschein, born in 1949, studied social and political sciences, philosophy and German philology at Bielefeld and Muenster. Since 1981, he is a teacher and researcher with the Federal University of Para, Brazil, and also co-ordinates the Universities' interdisciplinary programme on poverty and environment in the Amazon (POEMA).
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig.
- Weight900 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDeitrich E. Leihner,Thomas A. Mitschein
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.