All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvolving a third person in a child's conception raises many difficult issues and dilemmas. This book provides a comprehensive guide to the place of third party assisted conception within health care provision, drawing on local ethical and religious standpoints as well as political and ecomic factors. Eric Blyth and Ruth Landau have brought together authors from a broad range of professional backgrounds to consider the social, legal and ethical aspects of third party assisted conception in thirteen countries dispersed through North and South America, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australasia. Third Party Assisted Conception Across Cultures addresses many contemporary social issues including the role of the state in family creation, the changing forms and conceptualizations of a 'family' and concerns about the potential commodification of body-parts and functions. All health care practitioners and policymakers who wish to develop their kwledge and understanding of the policies underlying third party assisted conception practice and the ethical context surrounding it, will find this book invaluable.
- Author BiographyEric Blyth is Professor of Social Work at the University of Huddersfield, UK, having worked for 12 years in social work practice and management. He has published widely on assisted conception, edited the Journal of Fertility Counselling and provided consultation for radio and television. His interest in the subject originated from direct experience of childlessness, infertility treatment and adoption. Ruth Landau worked for over twenty years in social work practice and management, including eight years as General Director of the Israeli Family Planning Association. She has organized national conferences and lectured in national and international forums on assisted conception.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2003
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight435 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEric Blyth,Ruth Landau
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.