All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe poets who fill these pages have come to testify, to bear witness to the mysterious power of Rock and Roll. -- from the Foreword by Bo The thread or the theme That holds this tune Together is the same One that rips it open... -- from Gimme Shelter by Bill Ktt Chunky on the shag rug, I'm looking for my anthem, I'm looking for my headphones, I'm looking for the bare spot on the rug to wallow, side-stepped on the chair-stopped door. I blast my ears out. -- from The Prophet's Song by Daniel Nester Drums, Whatta lotta Noise you want a Revolution? Wanna Apocalypse? Blow up in Dynamite Sound? -- from Punk Rock You're My Big Crybaby by Allen Ginsberg As revolutionary as the music it celebrates, the poetry in this electrifying anthology -- by poets such as Billy Collins, Rita Dove, Yusef Komunyakaa, Paul Muldoon and Philip Larkin -- turns rock upside down with indelible images and powerful expressions of the music that changed our lives.
- Author BiographyJonathan Wells was the Director of Rolling Stone Press, the book publishing division of Rolling Stone magazine. He is a widely published poet and was recently nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
- Author(s)Jonathan Wells
- PublisherMTV Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMTV Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width127 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byBono
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.