Thirst for Power: Energy, Water, and Human Survival by Michael E. Webber (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 22 Dec
- AU $52.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow changing the way we think about water and energy can secure the long-term sustainability of both precious resources Although it is widely understood that energy and water are the world's two most critical resources, their vital interconnections and vulnerabilities are less often recognized. This farsighted book offers a new, holistic way of thinking about energy and water-a big picture approach that reveals the interdependence of the two resources, identifies the seriousness of the challenges, and lays out an optimistic approach with an array of solutions to ensure the continuing sustainability of both. Michael Webber, a leader and teacher in the field of energy techlogy and policy, explains how energy and water supplies are linked and how problems in either can be crippling for the other. He shows that current population growth, ecomic growth, climate change, and short-sighted policies are likely to make things worse. Yet, Webber asserts, more integrated planning with long-term sustainability in mind can avert such a daunting future. Combining anecdotes and personal stories with insights into the latest science of energy and water, he identifies a hopeful path toward wise long-range water-energy decisions and a more reliable and abundant future for humanity.
- Author BiographyAt the University of Texas at Austin, Michael E. Webber is deputy director of the Energy Institute, co-director of the Clean Energy Incubator, Josey Centennial Fellow in Energy Resources, and professor of mechanical engineering. He has developed a popular energy-literacy Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) and created a PBS television special titled Energy at the Movies. He also holds four patents and writes and lectures extensively on energy and other topics. He lives in Austin, TX.
- Author(s)Michael E. Webber
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note18 b/w illus.
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.