All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionTHE LATEST TITLE IN THE JOHN STANLEY LIBRARY DESIGNED BY THE CARTOONIST SETHIn the early to mid-1960s, John Stanley turned his attention to drawing and writing his own series rather than working with the already established licensed characters he is most well-kwn for, such as Little Lulu. D+Q has embarked on an archival series of Stanley's comics, including Melvin Monster, Around the Block with Dunc and Loo, Kookie, and Thirteen Going on Eighteen. Thirteen Going on Eighteen focuses on the friendship and rivalry of two teenage girls, Val and Judy. Each comic is a darkly hilarious look at the social maneuverings and betrayals of the teen set. Stanley's stripped down approach perfectly captures the fever pitch of the teenage years. He creates a teenage sitcom and turns it into an anguished character study.
- Author BiographyJohn Stanley (1914 93) was a journeyman comics scripter in the 1950s and 1960s.He is most famous for his scripts for the Little Lulu comics produced by Dell, and is considered by many comics historians to be the most consistently funny and idiosyncratic writer to ever work in comics.He left comics bitterly in the late 1960s, never to return.
- Author(s)John Stanley
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication18/06/2010
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight1442 g
- Width197 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.