All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.09Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.50Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.78Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.21Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.73Trending at AU $28.57
About this product
- DescriptionEdie Sparks has grand plans. She's building a boat to sail solo around the world, but she needs cash, and fast. So when her uncle offers her good money to work on his island pearl farm for six weeks she jumps at the chance. All she has to do is babysit her little cousin - how hard could it be? But soon Edie is wrangling a monster-brat, arguing with her uncle and being wooed by two handsome boys. The work is hard and thankless and an isolated island off the coast of Far North Queensland turns out to be t as idyllic as it would seem...One island, one girl, two boys (and a brat to babysit), Thirteen Pearls is perfect for girls with a sense of adventure and romance.
- Author BiographyMelaina Faranda cashed in her university prizes for literature to wander the world in a quest for discovery. She has trekked among wild tigers and Himalayan bandits, slept on cardboard and in a Baroness's bed, lived in a treehouse on the side of a Hawaiian volcano and been a 'ghost' in a grand old Hudson River mansion. Far more intrepid - she is an English teacher and braved the asphalt gauntlet for over ten years in Secondary, Steiner, Special Needs and Primary schools throughout Australia. Telling stories was easier than reading the riot act, and it was these teaching experiences and love for her students that led Melaina to establish personal development groups for teenagers, and from there to writing. Melaina is a popular speaker, and her presentations are as entertaining as they're educational! Melaina's first book in the Girlfriend Fiction series was Big Sky.
- Author(s)Melaina Faranda
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleGirlfriend Fiction
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2010
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight194 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.