All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe first life of the man who was Lord Peter Wimsey, Bertie Wooster and starred in I'm Alright, Jack! With the death of Ian Carmichael in 2010 one of the last links was lost with the golden age of British cinema. Carmichael starred alongside Terry-Thomas and Peter Sellers in the Boulting brothers' classic satirical comedies I'm Alright, Jack! Private's Progress and School for Scoundrels. He summed up, on screen and in life, the kind of Englishman who was beginning to emerge after the war - educated, t necessarily upper class, upwardly mobile and a study in good manners and a sense of fair play - and thus played the straight-man foil to the distracted ravings of his wilder co-stars. Subsequently, he became Bertie Wooster in a highly successful television series based on P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves stories. He also made the part of Lord Peter Wimsey his own in ather long-running adaptation of Dorothy L. Sayers' famous detective vels, and was still acting on television well into his eighties alongside Susan Hampshire in ITV's drama series The Royal.
- Author BiographyRobert Fairclough is a freelance writer, researcher, designer and producer. His previous books are The Prisoner: The Official Companion to the Classic TV Series, Sweeney! The Official Companion and The Prisoner: The Original Scripts Volume 1 and 2. He is a broadcaster on BBC Radio and ITV, writes regularly on popular culture for a variety of magazines and websites and works on extras for the BBC's Doctor Who DVD range.
- Author(s)Robert Fairclough
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.