Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a reassessment of the tions of gender which have been used to analyse Renaissance literature. Rather than assuming that men and women write differently because of background, education and culture, it tries to unsettle the connections between the sex of the author and the constructions of gender in texts, and to reconsider the prevalent determinist model of reading which tends to consign women writers to the private, domestic sphere, and to render male negotiations of gender and sexuality invisible and transparent.
- Author BiographyDANIELLE CLARKE is Lecturer in English at University College Dublin. She has published articles on gender and writing in the early modern period, and is the editor of Three Renaissance Women Poets. ELIZABETH CLARKE is Research Lecturer at Nottingham Trent University. She is the author of Theory and Theology in George Herbert's Poetry, and of several articles on women's manuscript writing.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/08/2000
- Series TitleEarly Modern Literature in History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight375 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDanielle Clarke,Elizabeth Clarke
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.