This I Believe: The Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men and Women by Henry Holt & Company (Paperback / softback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA welcome change from the sloganeering, political mudslinging and products of spin doctors. The Philadelphia InquirerBased on the NPR series of the same name, This I Believe features eighty Americans from the famous to the unkwn completing the thought that the book's title begins. Each piece compels readers to rethink t only how they have arrived at their own personal beliefs but also the extent to which they share them with others.Featuring many rewned contributors including Isabel Allende, Colin Powell, Gloria Steinem, William F. Buckley Jr., Penn Jillette, Bill Gates, and John Updike the collection also contains essays by a Brooklyn lawyer; a part-time hospital clerk in Rehoboth, Massachusetts; a woman who sells yellow pages advertising in Fort Worth, Texas; and a man who serves on Rhode Island's parole board.The result is a stirring and provocative trip inside the minds and hearts of a diverse group of people whose beliefs and the incredibly varied ways in which they choose to express them reveal the American spirit at its best.
- Author BiographyJay Allison is one of public radio's most honored producers. He has produced hundreds of nationally broadcast documentaries and features for radio and television. His work has earned him the duPont-Columbia and five Peabody Awards, and he was the 1996 recipient of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Edward R. Murrow Award for outstanding contributions to public radio, the industry's highest honor. He was the curator and producer of This I Believe on NPR and he produces The Moth Radio Hour. Before his career in broadcasting, Jay was a theater director in Washington, D.C. He is also the founder of the public radio stations for Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and Cape Cod where he lives.Dan Gediman is the executive producer of This I Believe. His work has been heard on All Things Considered, Morning Edition, Fresh Air, Marketplace, Jazz Profiles, and This American Life. He has won many of public broadcasting's most prestigious awards, including the duPont-Columbia Award.
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Weight277 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDan Gediman,Jay Allison
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.