All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionAt least 27m men, women and children are enslaved today, ranging from prostitutes in London to indentured workers in Burma. The statistics of modern day slavery are shocking. But behind each statistic is a human being - a man, woman or child; and behind each human being is a family and a community which have been devastated or destroyed. As real-life experiences often speak louder than words, we introduce some of the hundreds of former slaves whom one of the authors has met personally. Great care is taken to ensure the validity and authenticity of the evidence. This popularly written but carefully researched volume includes chapters on the causes of slavery, on the history of the practice, on different forms of contemporary slavery, and on the Christian roots of the anti-slavery movement;and three shocking case studies from Sudan, Burma and Uganda.
- Author BiographyBaroness Cox was until recently Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords, and a notable advocate of human rights around the world. Her story was told in VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS. Dr John Marks OBE is a researcher and campaigner in the field of human rights, with a particular expertise in modern Islam.
- Author(s)Caroline Cox,John Marks
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMonarch Books
- Out-of-print date16/01/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.