All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA documentary, a mockumentary, indeed a rockumentary, Rob Reiner's phony road movie following the exploits of a fictitious heavy metal band has long been celebrated as a comedy landmark, but this is the first attempt to provide a sustained critical appraisal of its success. Addressing general cinephiles and devoted Tapheads alike, this study considers the film within its contexts of cult cinema, real and mock documentary, Hollywood comedies and musicals and the history of rock music. This detailed stylistic and comic analysis of the film offers new insights into the ardent Cult of Tap.
- Author BiographyEthan de Seife received his PhD in Film Studies from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and is currently at work on a book about Frank Tashlin. He also plays stand-up bass in the Kansas City-based combo Four Jacks and a Jill.
- Author(s)Ethan De Seife
- PublisherWallflower Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content NoteIllustrations.
- Weight176 g
- Width113 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.