Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShe admits she is pleased when the new placard is raised, Madame Tussaud's House of Wax. She stands in the crowd with Francois at her side. He leans close eugh to touch her ear with the fringe of his mustache and whispers, What part of the museum would the famous Madame Tussaud like to survey on her inaugural visit? The Chamber of Horrors, I think, she says softly. Really, my dear? All that grim fantasy and blood? There is fantasy about it, Francois. It is an embryo, a showing of what is to come. Blending historical fiction with fantasy and the macabre, Adam McOmber's debut short story collection brings the influence of Angela Carter, Isak Dinesen, and Edgar Allan Poe to the next generation. In The Automatic Garden, a solitary architect from the court at Versailles builds a water-powered pleasure garden; in There Are No Bodies Such as This, we read a haunted and romantic fiction about the creation of Madame Tussaud's wax museum; in Fall, Orpheum, a small town movie palace becomes the temple for an entire town's devotion and sacrifice. McOmber seamlessly blends history, artifice, and desire to create a dream of the past that intertwines with our own tions of modern life. Adam McOmber's stories appear in Conjunctions, StoryQuarterly, Third Coast, The Greensboro Review, Arts & Letters, and Quarterly West. He is assistant director of creative nfiction at Columbia College Chicago and associate editor of the literary magazine Hotel Amerika.
- Author BiographyAdam McOmber: Adam McOmber is the assistant director of Creative Nonfiction at Columbia College Chicago where he teaches both nonfiction and literature with a focus on mythology. He is the associate editor of the literary magazine Hotel Amerika. His work has recently been published in Conjunctions, StoryQuarterly, Third Coast, The Greensboro Review, Arts and Letters, Ascent, Web Conjunctions and Quarterly West. In 2012, This New and Poisonous Air was chosen as one of NewCity Lit's Lit 50 in Chicago. McOmber holds an MFA in Fiction Writing from Indiana University. This New and Poisonous Air is his first book.
- Author(s)Adam McOmber
- PublisherBOA Editions, Limited
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleAmerican Readers Series
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBOA Editions, Limited
- Weight228 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.29Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.