All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1964. Red Road is rising out of the fields. To the families who move in, it is a dream and a shining future. It is 2010. The Red Road Flats are scheduled for demolition. Imhabited only by intrepid asylum seekers and a few stubborn locals, the once vibrant scheme is w tired and out of time. Between those dates are the people who filled the flats with their laughter, life and drama. Their stories are linked by the buildings; the sway and buffet of the tower blocks in the wind, the creaky lifts, the views and the vertigo. This Road is Red is a compelling and subtle vel of Glasgow.
- Author BiographyAlison Irvine was born in London to antipodean parents. She was brought up in London and Essex and moved to Glasgow in 2005 to study an MLitt in Creative Writing at Glasgow University. She graduated with distinction in 2006 and since then her writing has been published in The Celtic View and in an anthology of Glasgow writing, Outside of a Dog. In 2007 she was awarded a Scottish Arts Council New Writer?s Bursary to support the writing of her novel about emigration from Glasgow to the Antipodes. Alison works as an actress and drama workshop facilitator. She lives in Glasgow.
- Author(s)Alison Irvine
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.13Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.