All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploding tins of beans over a campfire. Hammering down tent pegs in the rain. Marching for hours, singing for days, and playing 'Bulldog's Charge' at every opportunity. This is a story shared by millions of people worldwide, and in communities all across Ireland. This is a book that tells the story of one man's experience with the Irish Scouts, but, in the memories he evokes and the scenes he recaptures, this is the story of a simpler time of which we were all a part.
- Author BiographyAs a boy, the author travelled throughout Ireland and parts of England, Scotland and Wales with the scouts, meeting both the President of Ireland and the Pope in this capacity. He is a lifetime member of Scouting Ireland. After joining the Irish Air Corp, he travelled to the Congo with the UN, and was a recipient of the Military Service medal, United Nations Service medal, Nobel Peace Medal.
- Author(s)Archie Raeside
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), ports.
- Weight191 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.