All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a lively and accessible introduction to philosophical paradoxes - ideal for anyone coming to this fascinating subject for the first time. Put your neurons through their paces with this lively and engaging introduction to paradoxes. From Buridan's Ass and the Surprise Examination to The Liar and Sleeping Beauty , This Sentence is False introduces all the key philosophical paradoxes. This fascinating guide to logic and reasoning is packed with puzzles and thought experiments to actively engage the reader in critical thinking. As well as paradoxes that occur in our everyday lives, topics also include God, ethics, political philosophy, space and time. Ideal for anyone coming to philosophy for the first time, This Sentence is False will put your mind to the test, challenge what you think you kw and lead you on a fascinating journey through logical reasoning.
- Author BiographyPeter Cave teaches philosophy The Open University and City University London, UK. He writes regularly for Philosophy Now and The Philosophers' Magazine and has made regular TV and radio appearances. In 2005 he presented a series of programmes on paradoxes on BBC Radio 4. His previous publications include Can a Robot Be Human? (One World, 2007).
- Author(s)Peter Cave
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/07/2009
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight336 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.