All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScott Fitzgerald's vel, 'This Side of Paradise, ' tells the story of Amory Blaine as he grows up during the crazy years following the First World War. The definitive vel of the Lost Generation, it focuses on the coming of age of Amory Blaine, a handsome, wealthy Princeton student. He exemplifies the young men and women of the 20's who grew up to find all Gods dead, all wars fought, all faiths in man shaken. Fitzgerald's first vel and an immediate, spectacular success.
- Author BiographyFrancis Scott Key Fitzgerald (1896-1940) was an American author of novels and short stories, whose works are the paradigm writings of the Jazz Age, a term he coined himself. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest American writers of the 20th century. Fitzgerald is considered a member of the Lost Generation of the 1920s. He finished four novels: This Side of Paradise, The Beautiful and Damned, his most famous, The Great Gatsby and what is now considered his true masterpiece, Tender Is the Night. A fifth, unfinished novel, The Love of the Last Tycoon, was published posthumously. Fitzgerald also wrote many short stories that treat themes of youth and promise along with despair and age. The Great Gatsby has been the basis for numerous films of the same name, spanning nearly 90 years. In 1958 his life from 1937-1940 was dramatized in Beloved Infidel.
- Author(s)F Scott Fitzgerald
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.