About this product
- DescriptionLonglisted for the National Book Award The Newbery Hor winning author of Hatchet and Dogsong shares surprising true stories about his relationship with animals, highlighting their compassion, intellect, intuition, and sense of adventure. Gary Paulsen is an adventurer who competed in two Iditarods, survived the Minnesota wilderness, and climbed the Bighorns. None of this would have been possible without his truest companion: his animals. Sled dogs rescued him in Alaska, a sickened poodle guarded his well-being, and a horse led him across a desert. Through his interactions with dogs, horses, birds, and more, Gary has been struck with the belief that animals kw more than we may fathom. His understanding and admiration of animals is well kwn, and in This Side of Wild, which has taken a lifetime to write, he proves the ways in which they have taught him to be a better person.
- Author(s)Gary Paulsen
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNw York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tim Jessell
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.