All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese loosely connected hyptic stories about memory and desire showcase one of fiction's brightest new voices. Taking readers from South Dakota to Paris, to Japan, into art galleries, foreign apartments, farms and beach hotels, Johanna Skibsrud introduces an astonishing array of characters in these piercingly wise stories. A young maid at a hotel in France encounters a man who asks to paint her portrait, only later discovering that he is someone other than who we think he is. A divorced father who fears estrangement from his thirteen-year-old daughter allows her to take the wheel of his car, realising too late that he's made a grave mistake. Time and again Skibsrud's characters find themselves face to face with what they didn't kw they didn't kw, at the exact point of intersection between impossibility and desire. In This Will Be Difficult to Explain , Skibsrud, whose prose has been compared to Nicole Krauss and Marilynne Robinson, has created a series of masterful, perceptive tales.
- Author BiographyJohanna Skibsrud is the author of two collections of poetry. The Sentimentalists, her first novel, won the 2010 Scotiabank Giller Prize, Canada's most prestigious literary award. She lives in Montreal and Tucson.
- Author(s)Johanna Skibsrud
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Heinemann Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/11/2016
- Weight311 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.