All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike the other Sasek classics, these are facsimile editions of his original books. The vibrant illustrations have been preserved, remaining true to his vision, and where applicable facts have been updated, appearing on a This is...Today page at the back of each book. The charming illustrations, coupled with Sasek s witty, playful narrative, make for perfect souvenirs that will delight both children and their parents, many of whom will remember them from their own childhood. This is Britain, first published in 1974, encompasses the nation s many facets, from the mystery of Stonehenge to the monuments of the British Isles. Among his stops are the White Cliffs of Dover; Brighton s Prince Regent s Royal Pavilion; the castles and Tintern Abbey in Wales; and Scotland s four Royal Palaces and long lochs. This is Israel, first published in 1962, visits the Promised Land, a sun-drenched parama of many hues and many traditions. From the Sea of Galilee to the Red Sea (it s really blue); from modern Tel Aviv to Jerusalem new and old; from Mt. Zion to King Solomon s mines; Sasek presents the biblical glory of its past and the golden hope of its future.
- Author BiographyAuthor and illustrator M. Sasek (1916 1980) was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia. He is best remembered for his classic stories on the great cities of the world.
- Author(s)Miroslav Sasek
- PublisherUniverse Publishing
- Date of Publication02/02/2008
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Weight712 g
- Width205 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.