All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
About this product
- DescriptionA companion volume to the best selling 'This is Madness'. At a time when there is an extraordinary energy for change in the world of mental health, 'This is Madness Too' offers a compassionate and scholarly critique of the treatment of children, government policy, the use of anit-depressants and a host of other areas fundamental to mental health services. It brings together the views of service users and professionals in a passionate attempt to tell it as it is.
- Author BiographyCraig Newnes is editor of The Journal of Critical Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy (formerly Changes), and a comissioning editor and author for the PCCS Books Critical Psychology series. Prior to his retirement he was Director of Psychological Therapies for Shropshire. He has a life time commitment to the NHS and is an outspoken critic of the hypocrisy, self interest, confusion and downright lies which characterise so much of the practise of psychiatry and psychology. He believes that unhappiness is a form of heresy and most of the misery for which people seek help is only amenable to alleviation through changes in their material lives. Guy Holmes works in the NHS as a clinical psychologist in Shropshire. He has published over 40 academic articles in areas as diverse as: the medicalisation of distress; psychiatric medication; patients' councils; service users' experiences of and views on mental health services; sexual abuse of males; community psychology; and various aspects of groupwork. Cailzie Dunn is a clinical psychologist working for South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare Foundation NHS Trust. She works with adults involved with the Community Mental Health Team in Shrewsbury.She co-ran Alternatives to Psychiatry courses in Shropshire and was a co-editor of This is Madness: A critical look at psychiatry and the future of mental health services (PCCS Books) and This is Madness Too: Critical perspectives on mental health services (PCCS Books). She is particularly interested in helping people with the effects of complex trauma.
- PublisherPCCS Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2001
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleCritical Psychology Division S.
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPCCS Books
- Weight318 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCalisie Dunn,Craig Newnes,Guy Holmes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.