All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBelgian artist Rene Magritte's biography is a key element of his art. His life is infused with bizarre moments: a surreal journey oscillating between fact and fiction that he always conducted as the straight-faced bowler-hatted man. The events of Magritte's childhood played an important part in creating the surrealist, but it was his popular culture borrowings from crime fiction, advertising and postcards that has made his work instantly recognizable. The often unreliable nature of Magritte's accounts of his own life have transformed his public image into a kind of fictional character rather than a 'real person'. He would shape his own life story to be its own surreal work of art.
- Author BiographyPatricia Allmer is Chancellor's Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. She is curator of the award-winning Angels of Anarchy: Women Artists and Surrealism (Manchester Art Gallery, 2009) and author of Rene Magritte: Beyond Painting (2009). Iker Spozio is an illustrator, engraver, and painter who lives and works in Spain. Among the international magazines that have featured his work are Le Monde and El Pais.
- Author(s)Iker Spozio,Patricia Allmer
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication12/08/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleThis is
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note50 colour illustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width171 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.