All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Is Not a House takes a close look at spaces that reformulate the idea of what home means, in invative houses in cities around the globe. This Is Not a House showcases recent projects that represent the vanguard of architects creating invative spaces for living in the twenty-first century. Dan Rubinstein and the editors of the Amsterdam-based magazine have selected projects on five continents that will shape how we think of domestic life for a long time to come. Where the great experimenters of the last century were stripping away ornamentation and creating free-flowing spaces for the first time, today s pioneers are researching the potential of new materials and techniques to push the boundaries of environmental sustainability, as well as creating new forms and bold, sophisticated explorations in the adaptive reuse of spaces originally designed for any number of other purposes. This Is Not a House presents the latest built residential projects by such design luminaries as Sou Fujimoto, Plasma Studio, and Michael Maltzan, as well as emerging ones such as Johan Selbing, among others, in an array of locations across the globe, including New York, London, Los Angeles, and Tokyo.
- Author BiographyDan Rubinstein is a writer and editor based in New York City. He is also the former editor in chief of Surface magazine and a former staffer at House & Garden. Since its launch in 2005, Mark magazine has explored the boundaries of architecture, shining its spotlight on eminent architects and new talent alike.
- Author(s)Dan Rubinstein,Editors of Mark
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication13/10/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1819 g
- Width229 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.