All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to the Thistle Games, Scotland's best Highland games, where you'll meet lots of friendly folk and learn some fun Scots words. Everyone joins in to dance, jump, sprint or even HIRPLE over the line. But watch out you don't get MINGIN and look like a NUMPTY. And cover your LUGS if the pipe band is gie-in it LALDY! This funny story, told in bright rhyming verse, is full of the lively Scottish characters you've met in Thistle Street and Thistle Sands, plus a whole host more. Packed with detail to spot on each page, the warm illustrations will make children want to high jump, Highland dance and toss the caber!
- Author BiographyMike Nicholson won the Kelpies Prize for new Scottish children's fiction in 2005. He is the author of two other Picture Kelpies, Thistle Street and Thistle Sands, and two stories for children aged 7 and up, Catscape and Grimm. Mike lives in Edinburgh, Scotland. Jo Litchfield is a professional illustrator and designer who works from her studio in Derbyshire, England. She studied Graphic Design at Derby University before working as a designer and illustrator for Usborne Publishing. She uses model-making, digital techniques and photography in her work, and has illustrated many children's books.
- Author(s)Mike Nicholson
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitlePicture Kelpies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight183 g
- Width265 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jo Litchfield
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.