All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeaving so few traces of himself behind, Thomas Aquinas seems to defy the efforts of the biographer. Highly visible as a public teacher, preacher and theologian, he nevertheless has remained nearly invisible as man and saint. What can be discovered about this man, his mind, and his soul? In this short, compelling portrait, Denys Turner clears away the haze of time and brings Thomas vividly to life for contemporary readers - those unfamiliar with the saint as well as those well acquainted with his teachings. Building on the best biographical scholarship available today and reading Thomas' texts with piercing acuity, Turner seeks the point at which the man, the mind, and the soul of Thomas Aquinas intersect. Reflecting upon Thomas, a man of Christian Trinitarian faith yet one whose thought is grounded firmly in the body's interaction with the material world, a thinker at once confident in the powers of human reason and a man of prayer, Turner provides a more detailed human portrait than ever before of one of the most influential philosophers and theologians in all of Western thought.
- Author BiographyDenys Turner is Horace Tracy Pitkin Professor of Historical Theology, Yale University.
- Author(s)Denys Turner
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.