All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Aquinas and Karl Barth are often taken to be two of the greatest theologians in the Christian tradition. This book undertakes a systematic comparison of them through the lens of five key topics: (1) the being of God, (2) Trinity, (3) Christology, (4) grace and justification, and (5) covenant and law. Under each of these headings, a Catholic portrait of Aquinas is presented in comparison with a Protestant portrait of Barth, with the theological places of convergence and contrast highlighted. This volume combines a deep commitment to systematic theology with an equally profound commitment to mutual engagement. Understood rightly and well, Aquinas and Barth contribute powerfully to the future of theology and to an ecumenism that takes doctrinal confession seriously while at the same time seeking unity among Christians. Contributors: John R. Bowlin Holly Taylor Coolman Robert W. Jenson Keith L. Johnson Guy Mansini, O.S.B. Amy Marga Bruce L. McCormack Richard Schenk, O.P. Joseph P. Wawrykow Thomas Joseph White, O.P.
- Author BiographyBruce L. McCormack is Charles Hodge Professor of Systematic Theology at Princeton Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)Bruce L. McCormack
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication23/08/2013
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.