All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Balsley's work consists of public and private parks, plazas, campuses, and waterfronts and attests to the extraordinary level of design excellence that has defined his international reputation and that of his studio. Working in the margins of the city grid, scraps of land and post-industrial waterfronts, his unique fusion of nature, culture and process have produced vibrant public spaces, urban miracles both large and small, provocative and sublime, and has established himself as a leader in his field and champion of the sustainable and livable urban environment. His award-winning and iconic designs can be found in Dallas Main Street Garden, Cleveland's Perk Park, Tampa's Curtis Hixon Park, Tokyo's Gate City and World Trade Centers in Osaka and Guiyang, China. In NYC alone, his robust portfolio of over one hundred landscapes includes 13 blocks along the Hudson River called Riverside Park South, Gantry Park, Hunter's Point South along the East River across from the United Nations, Peggy Rockefeller Plaza, and Balsley Park on Manhattan's 57th Street, named in his hour. His teaching and speaking engagements at Harvard's GSD, University of Pennsylvania, the National Building Museum, Seoul National University, etc., together with a wealth of media exposure and publications, including Thomas Balsley: The Urban Landscape, have exposed his work to a broader international audience.
- Author BiographyThomas Balsley is a renowned American landscape architect whose NYC-based studio is responsible for some of the most notable and richly awarded spaces throughout the U.S. and Far East. Tom has recently been selected to become the 13th recipient of the coveted ASLA Design Medal in recognition of his body of exception design work at a sustained level.
- Author(s)Principal Designer Thomas Balsley
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication24/02/2016
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOro Editions
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2132 g
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.