All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive biography on the most powerful man in King Henry VIII's court and the protagonist of Hilary Mantel's bestselling series, Thomas Cromwell.The son of a brewer, Thomas Cromwell rose from obscurity to become the confidant of the King of England and ultimately one of the most influential men in English history. Cromwell drafted the law that allowed Henry VIII to divorce his first wife, Catherine of Aragon, and marry Anne Boleyn, setting into motion the Protestant Reformation, which left Britain in turmoil for centuries.Over the course of his controversial career, Cromwell amassed a fortune through bribery and high-interest loans to members of the Tudor court and created many enemies along the way. He became the most hated man in England. His execution was spectacular beheaded outside the Tower of London, his boiled head was placed on a spike above the London Bridge.Rich in incident and colorful detail, Robert Hutchinson's narrative history gives readers the real inside look into the life of the protagonist of Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies.
- Author BiographyROBERT HUTCHINSON is the author of the acclaimed The Last Days of Henry VIII and Elizabeth's Spymaster. He lives in England.
- Author(s)Robert Hutchinson
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width140 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.