All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA selection of the writer's greatest nature poetry, selected by Tom Paulin, published in a beautiful new edition by Faber. At once a voice arose among The bleak twigs overhead In a full-hearted evensong Of joy illimited; An aged thrush, frail, gaunt, and small, In blast-beruffled plume, Had chosen thus to fling his soul Upon the growing gloom ...The Darkling Thrush?
- Author BiographyThomas Hardy (1840-1928) was born in Dorset. He left school at sixteen to work as an apprentice for an architect who specialized in church restoration. He made his reputation as a novelist, and it wasn't until after the publication of his last novel, The Well-beloved, in 1897, that he dedicated himself to writing poetry.
- Author(s)Thomas Hardy
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFaber Nature Poets
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight251 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byTom Paulin
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.