All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHodgkin's Disease. Most people have heard of it. Yet, very few kw Thomas Hodgkin, the man, or the reason the disease was named after him. Dr. Louis Rosenfeld changes that in his searching biography of one of the most significant humanitarians of his time. His in-depth, chrological history unfolds against the backdrop of the social, medical, scientific, and educational changes that were occurring around Thomas Hodgkin in the nineteenth century. Thomas Hodgkin led a life dedicated to the betterment of those around him. First and foremost a dedicated Quaker, his religious fervor ran deep and was apparent in everything he did. He actively participated in the leading social reform movements of his time. He was committed to medical practice reform and education. His opposition to slavery and the slave trade was so strong that he worked to develop settlements in Africa for freed slaves. His strong commitment to social justice for underdeveloped peoples found him also fighting for American Indian's rights when they were threatened by the British. Thomas Hodgkin spent his life in the relentless pursuit of equality for the underprivileged and oppressed. Despite the fact that his integrity and consistency in human rights issues were anathema to the conventional wisdom of his time, he managed to make a difference. Dr. Rosenfeld captures the true Thomas Hodgkin like one else ever has in this extraordinary biography.
- Author BiographyLouis Rosenfeld, Ph.D. is an associate professor of pathology at New York University Medical Center.
- Author(s)Louis Rosenfeld
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication26/12/1992
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight758 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.