All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionIn this special illustrated edition of the #1 New York Times bestselling Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power by Pulitzer Prize winning author Jon Meacham, young readers will learn about the life and political philosophy of one of our Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson was the third president of the United States. He was one of the authors of the Declaration of Independence. But he was also a lawyer and an ambassador, an inventor and a scientist. He had a wide range of interests and hobbies, but his consuming interest was the survival and success of the United States. This book contains a te from Meacham and over 100 archival illustrations, as well as sections throughout the text about subjects such as the Boston Tea Party, the Library of Congress, and Napoleon Bonaparte. Additional materials include a time line; a family tree; a Who s Who in Jefferson s world; sections on Jefferson s original writings and correspondence, inventions, interests, places in Jefferson s world, finding Jefferson in the United States today, additional reading, organizations, and websites; tes; a bibliography; and an index. This adaptation, ideal for those interested in American presidents, biographies, and the founding of the American republic, is an excellent example of informational writing and reflects Meacham s extensive research using primary source material. Praise for Thomas Jefferson: President and Philosopher A solid resource for young people intrigued by Jefferson. Booklist Comprehensive and engaging. Scholastic Instructor There is a surprising paucity of books about Jefferson at this level and this handsome, well-written, and engaging volume fills that literary gap. Horn Book Wonderfully written and crafted... Entertaining for both kids and adults alike. KidsReads.com From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJon Meacham is the author of Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power and American Lion, his Pulitzer Prize winning biography of Andrew Jackson, as well as the bestsellers American Gospel and Franklin and Winston. He is an executive editor at Random House. He and his wife live with their three children in Nashville and Sewanee, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Jon Meacham
- PublisherCrown Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight726 g
- Width183 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.