All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThomas begins by clarifying and defending Nagel's basic metaphysical contrast between subjective and objective ways of thinking about the world. He shows how a proper understanding of radically perspectival views of the world allows one to defend some of Nagel's most important claims about the mind, tracing his influential work in the philosophy of mind from his early paper on physicalism to his recent defence of a form of dual aspect theory. Thomas then turns to ethics, where Nagel's influence is pre-eminent, following the development of his views from his contrast between subjective and objective reasons in his early work to his later hybrid ethical theory. The volume concludes with an examination of Nagel's political philosophy, particularly his recent controversial work on global justice.
- Author BiographyAlan Thomas is senior lecturer in philosophy at the University of Kent.
- Author(s)Dr Alan Thomas
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitlePhilosophy Now (McGill-Queen's)
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Weight431 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.