All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines Thomas De Quincey's tion of the unconscious in the light of modern cognitive science and nineteenth-century science. It challenges Freudian theories as the default methodology in order to understand De Quincey's oeuvre and the unconscious in literature more generally.
- Author BiographyMarkus Iseli holds a PhD from the University of Neuchatel, Switzerland. He published articles in journals such as the European Romantic Review and Romanticism, and he is the recipient of a Swiss National Science Foundation research grant. His work on the cognitive unconscious in the nineteenth-century context also earned him the Henry-E.-Sigerist-Prize from the Swiss Society for the History of Medicine and Sciences.
- Author(s)Markus Iseli
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Literature, Science and Medicine
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight455 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.