All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFather Phil, a parish priest, sexually abused 12 year-old Alex. This story shows how the abuse affected Alex and his family. The effects included Alex's bullying of his younger sister Nora. When he told his parents about the abuse, they were shocked and upset. They did right by Alex and Nora-and themselves. The family showed the courage involved when people face their fears and work with professionals who are supportive and competent. Unfortunately, many survivors do t receive the strong family & professional support that Alex experienced. This story sets a standard for competences in parental and professional responses.
- Author BiographyJane F. Gilgun, PhD, LICSW, is a professor, School of Social Work, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, USA. Professor Gilgun has done interview research on child sexual abuse for many years.
- Author(s)Jane F Gilgun Phd
- Date of Publication17/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.