All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy me? This is the question Almut Metzroth asked when horrid occurrences forcefully altered her life's course. She grew up in Germany during the 1930s and '40s amid turbulent political and military encroachment. The raw reality of war fought in her homeland made survival a constant struggle. At the hands of Soviet troops in 1945, she and her parents suffered periods of captivity and forced labor, deprivation, rape, hunger, and ever-present fear. After a courageous flight to West Germany, Metzroth and parents tasted personal freedom after many years without it. The fear disappeared but the new beginning caused much stress. In her book the author tells of her unshakable desire for happiness and fulfillment. Education is her vehicle to success. In college she meets her husband. Together they leave Germany for America and write ather chapter of their life as a family. When a teacher, Almut Metzroth shares her enthusiasm for learning with high school students. She takes them on trips to Europe to awaken an appreciation of foreign cultures and recognition of their common bonds. Reflecting on her success, she w considers, why t me?
- Author(s)Almut Hadwig Metzroth
- PublisherLa Maison Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication27/06/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLa Maison Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.