Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThose were the days' is the third book in the 'Travels with Susie' series. Like the first two, this book is a collection of essays, some of which first saw the light of day as the author's newspaper columns. The topics will appeal to almost everyone; containing a bit of fact, a little geography, some enjoyable history and of course, travel stories with a brand of quirky humor t found anywhere else. The topics will appeal to almost everyone beginning with a bit of stalgia. We'll go back in time for a couple of tales, then learn how to cope with a 60 year old teenage love interest and finally, more of what living with Susie is really like. In the travel tales, we will ride along with Susie and the author as they spend a winter in Texas working on a National Wildlife Refuge, devote a wonderful summer to a National Historic Site in Washington State's San Juan Islands and enjoy with them their experiences in many of the other favorite places the author and his wife have visited. For those of you approaching retirement, there is a section that the author dubbed 'Getting old; t for Sissies.' Here are stories with light hearted looks at the aging process that will strike a chord of familiarity and stories that guarantee both laughter and tears. Learn right along with the author what needs to be done when debilitating illness strikes. We all find ourselves in this sometimes frustrating but mostly enjoyable reality that we call life. For lovers of literary humor, 'Those were the days' will reinforce the belief that there's never ending humor to be found in almost every situation we find ourselves in. All you have to do is hang in there. Thanks again for stopping by.
- Author(s)Gordon Grindstaff
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.