All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Spring of 1063, Alfred, a peasant of Wessex, saves the life of Lord Harold of Wessex, the most powerful Earl in England. Suddenly he finds himself serving as Harold's page, and caught up in all of the intrigue and danger of Anglo Saxon England. At Court, he meets and falls in love with a charming maid who is one of King Edward the Confessor's favorite performers. No problem, except that she happens to be betrothed to Hugh Fitz Wymarck, the son of one of the King's counselors. Alfred finds himself being harassed and mutilated by Hugh's gang, as well as the target of whatever secret conspiracy has targeted Earl Harold. He even finds himself at Harold's side as a guest of Duke William of Normandy. Surviving murder plots, ambushes, a shipwreck, captivity in Normandy and danger at nearly every turn, Alfred grows in stature and kwledge - even gaining the respect of the housecarls, Earl Harold's personal guards. His new life leads him through the turbulent politics of the age, culminating in the two great battles that would ultimately decide the future of England for the next thousand years.
- Author BiographyR. K. Russ Anderson has been a writer and small businessman for most of his life. His business career included managing his own hearing aid business, and he enjoyed working with the disabled people of his community. He has a B.S. in Business Management from Brigham Young University. Interested in history for his entire life, he spent nearly seven years researching the events leading up to the Conquest of England, as well as Anglo Saxon culture and history. Having spent two and a half years living in Norway, he became comfortably conversant in Norwegian, and able to comprehend Swedish and Danish - which also helped with understanding Viking culture and history. He is now retired and living in Sandy, Utah.
- Author(s)R K Anderson
- Date of Publication27/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.