All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThought and Poetic Structure in San Juan de la Cruz's Symbol of Night is a comprehensive appraisal of the traditional critical perspectives of mysticism: philosophical, theological, literary, and psychological. Examining the a priori limitations of these approaches, the book presents an original definition of the symbol as an integral whole of experience and expression, and concludes that night is the form - the organizing principle - of spiritual life.
- Author BiographyThe Author: N. Grace Aaron is Lecturer in Romance Languages at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she received her Ph.D. in Golden Age Spanish literature. She has taught Spanish language and literature at the University of North Carolina at Asheville, Montreat College in Montreat, North Carolina, and Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. She has written papers on C. S. Lewis, Cervantes, and Jose Antonio Maravall. In addition to the Spanish mystics, her research interests include second language acquisition and Christianity and literature.
- Author(s)N. Grace Aaron
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- Series TitleStudies in the Humanities Literature - Politics - Society
- Series Part/Volume Number66
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight520 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.