Thoughts of St. Ignatius Loyola for Every Day of the Year: From the Scintillae Ignatianae by St. Ignatius Loyola (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSt. Ignatius Loyola is one of the great shapers of the Catholic tradition. The Spanish soldier turned pilgrim for Christ bequeathed t only an extraordinary institutional legacy but also a distinctive spirituality that today urishes men and women looking for ways to integrate faith and life. Informing Jesuit education, ministry, and training in communities around the world, Ignatian spirituality offers a practical vision-of engaged, responsible, discerning men and women striving to find God in all things-that resonates in this age of transition. Drawn from the vast body of Ignatius's writings, these 365 maxims help everyone reflect on the presence of God in daily life. First complied by the Jesuit scholar Gabriel Hevenesi in 1715 as Scintillae Ignatianae, these brief thoughts, supplications, prayers, directions, and other aphorisms were first published in an English translation in 1928 but have been unavailable in book form for many years. Organized into a daybook for contemplation, Ignatius's words serve as personal spiritual exercises. They touch on a range of topics, from affirmations of God's presence and Christ's love to practical advice for living a life of virtue in service to others. In this accessible gathering, anyone seeking a richer spiritual life will find words that inspire, challenge, enlighten, and transform. FROM THE BOOK A little holiness and great health of body does more in the care of souls than great holiness and little health. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. The sharper you are at ticing other people's failings, the more apt you will be to overlook your own. Go and set the whole world on fire.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1491, St. Ignatius Loyola abandoned the Spanish court for a life in service to Christ. Priest, teacher, and writer, in 1540 he founded the Society of Jesus, along with St. Francis Xavier, the Blessed Peter Faber, and others, establishing Jesuit schools, churches, and communities. He died in 1556 and was canonized in 1622. Alan McDougall S.J., is Vice President for University Mission and Ministry at Fordham University.
- Author(s)St. Ignatius Loyola
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2006
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Note12 b&w illus.
- Weight219 g
- Width3233 mm
- Height3895 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byAlan G. McDougall
- Introduction byPatrick J. Ryan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.