All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThoughts of a Polish Jew: To Kasie?ka from Grandpa is a document of a personal and family memory, authored by Artur Lilien-Brzozdowiecki (1890?1958) in 1944/45. This memoir, which was written in Polish and translated to English for the family circulation alone, w becomes a public asset. Lilien invites his new-born granddaughter to encounter her family, generations of Polish Jewry: merchants, lease-holders, bankers, industrialists, politicians, communal leaders, army officers, scholars, physicians, artists, and art collectors. They dwell in a broad Jewish and Christian world, integrated into the national life of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, the Habsburg Empire, and the Second Polish Republic. The reader is encouraged to enjoy reminiscences of this worthy life and bitter choices that challenged Polish-particularly Galician-Jewry in the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyDr. Sergey R. Kravtsov is a researcher at the Center for Jewish Art, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He was trained as an architect in his native Lviv, Ukraine, received his doctoral degree in architectural history in 1993, and has worked at the Hebrew University since 1994.
- Author(s)Artur Lilien-Brzozdowiecki
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Series TitleJews of Poland
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight416 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited bySergey R. Kravtsov
- Translated byMarya Lilien-Czarnecka,Joanna Grun
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.