All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this ambitious theoretical encounter with five imaginary artists from the 1980s, John Roberts produces a set of richly constructed artistic thought experiments. But in creating the work on the page these thought experiments are t thereby velistic fictions. On the contrary, the fictiveness of each artist's work and biography is formed from Roberts's critical engagement with the historical and theoretical determinates of the work he has created - artwork and its theoretical engagement forming an interdependent whole.
- Author BiographyJohn Roberts is Prof. of Art & Aesthetics at the University of Wolverhampton, and the author of a number of books, including Photography and Its Violations (2014) and Revolutionary Time and the Avant-Garde (2015). He lives in London.
- Author(s)John Roberts
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZero Books
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.